Selector pins are also known as weight stack pins. They are used to adjust the weight of a particular application and to adjust the length and height of the application. They can be used in various applications. They can be used in various applications like weight machine, selectorized machine, exercise machine, various fitness equipment etc. But they are most widely used in fitness machines and equipment. There are various types of such pins are available in the market. The different types of pins are designed to be used in different types of purposes and with different types of applications. The usage and replacement mechanism of these pins are extremely easy.
Detailed specification of selector or weight stack pins
Weight stack pins are widely used to select the correct weight option especially in fitness equipment. They can be used in various other fast acting binding applications as well. A spring attached with the application helps the detent ball within the machine to release the weight faster, which gets retracted on pushing the pin again. There are various standard pins available in the market and apart from these, the pins can be ordered as per the requirement also. These can be ordered easily through online mode and it gets shipped to the customers’ address within a span of 1 day.
Different types of Selector pins
These pins are available in the market in different forms and varieties. Different types of pins cater different types of purposes. The names of different types of pins are Ring selector, Ball handled, L shaped weight selector, Body Master with or without tether, Universal, Life fitness, Weight pin etc. The sizes of these pins differ from each other. Some of the pins are described below in brief:
- Ring Selector – These pins fit almost all the weight machines. The options of sizes available are 4–1/2 inches and 3–1/12 inches. Diameter is 3/8 inches.
- Ball handled – They are meant for any type of gym weight machines. The options of sizes are plenty. These are available with and without tether.
- L shaped – These pins are again used for the selection of the weights in the machines and they are available in wide ranges of sizes. These come with tethers.
- Body Master with and without tether- These types of pins without tethers help people to choose the required weight and compatible with all types of body Master machines. The pins with the tethers offer further protection against loss and provide extra safety. The diameter of these pins is 1/4 inches and the shaft size is 4 inches.
- Universal Pins – The Universal pins come with tether and they are almost compatible for all types of weight machines. The sizes of the diameter and shaft are respectively, 1/4 inches and 4 inches.
- Life fitness – These selector pins fit almost all the weight machines used for fitness. These pins are used to adjust the weight as per the need. The tether is provided to prevent the loss and to ensure safety.
Atlantic Fitness Products provides commercial fitness equipment, accessories, and hardware.
Franc Ramon says
The selector pins does help balance the load and more efficient operations.
thanks for the info, now i know what are selector pins for 🙂
I remember these when hubby and I used to go to the gym before we got married. Instructors choose these for us.
Yaniconquistadora (@YaniMetrado) says
After reading your article, I am more knowledgeable now about the different types of pins and its function. Thanks really!
Selector pins are just pins but have significant purpose in order that machines or any fitness equipment function more efficiently and effectively.
It was a good read. Now I know what a selector pin is.
I don’t go to the gym so It’s only now that I learned about selector pins.
This is so technical, but I suppose good for me who’s been all over history and arts blogs for awhile. I found a new word to look up – detent ball.
I have been using these in the gym and I never really put much attention to them. Haha! Thanks for sharing this to us. Will check on them when I go back to gym this week. hHaaha